Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council are abolishing the paper and cardboard caddy found inside the blue recycling bin from April 1st 2018. All recyclable waste is to be put in the blue-lidded bin.
You will no longer need to seperate your paper and card from the rest of your recycling – you can put all of your paper, card, plastics, glass and cans together in your recycling bin.
Hinckley & Bosworth Council will be removing the black inner caddy during the last collection in March (Thursday March 22nd) and will add a recycling information sticker to the blue lidded bin.
What To Put In Your Blue Bin
- Newspapers & Magazines
- Junk Mail
- Cardboard (flatten & leave next to bin if too large)
- Greetings Cards (remove all glitter, ribbons and badges)
- Paper-based Gift Wrap
- Glass Bottles & Jars
- Food / Drink Tins & Cans
- Clean Foil
- Plastic Pots (yoghurt, plant etc. – no black plastic)
- Plastic Bottles
- Plastic Tubs
- Plastic Trays (meat, fruit etc. – no black plastic)
What NOT To Put In Your Blue Bin
- Dirty Paper / Cardboard (takeaway pizza boxes etc.)
- Glitter / Foil Greeting Cards or Wrapping Paper
- Any Items Containing Glitter
- Sticky Paper (Labels or Tape)
- Plastic Bags / Carrier Bags
- Cling Film / Plastic Film or Cellophane
- Polystyrene / Bubblewrap
- Black Plastic (Any Type)
- Household Rubbish
- Coat Hangers or Hard Plastics
- Electrical Items
- Garden Waste
- Black Plant Pots, Pans or Utensils
- Paint Tins
- Video Cassettes, DVDs or CDs
For more information on why the recycling service is changing and what to put in your bins, please visit www.hinckley-bosworth.gov.uk/whatgoesinbins.